Saturday, April 16, 2011

Born in a Barn

Went to the first ever Born in a Barn event hosted by Judy Donovan and Tammy Kramer. Mom and I went with Judy and Sherry. I thought it was great! So many cute things and they always do such a wonderful job on organizing and displaying, but even though I went with the girls on Saturday, and then I worked on Sunday, there was nothing that I absolutely had to have... funny... it's more that now I really want to LOVE it and also have a use for it... otherwise I don't really need it. We have so much stuff these days, it can be a bit much, but wait! I actually did find something, I almost forgot, a piece of jewelry, an awesome necklace from Miss Mary (she had a booth upstairs) and I love it! The nice thing about this is that it doesn't take up a lot of space and I feel like I'm making up for missed "girly-time" that I didn't have as much in high school, was a bit of a tom-boy except for the modeling... one extreme to the other... either girly or non-girly sporty... now I think I have a very nice mix, which I love. I'm so lucky the way I grew up, I had the BEST parents a girl could ever ask and got to do so many things and become so confident in who I was as a person, and that much better for it now... but back to the day...

We came back to Cascade and went to Annie's for a bit, and everyone found something there, which isn't hard to do... I broke something, so SORRY Joyce! Ugh! Picked up a candle and the bottom got stuck to the glass. Ugh! I tried to pay for it and Joyce wouldn't hear of it, said these things happen and she appreciates mom and my patronage. Which isn't hard because we love Annie's, not hard finding something we LOVE there.

So I worked on Sunday for Tammy and Judy and it was cold, but not as cold as Saturday, because it was actually snowing that day when we went and then on Friday they said it was colder because of the wind which scared me because I was cold working on Sunday. They still had a wonderful turnout and I hope they will do it again because it was a lot of fun. Got to catch up with some great friends that I don't typically get to see. It was a good time overall. Thanks Tammy and Judy! And thank you Mom for watching my kiddos! So sorry for how long it was, won't be doing that again. Love you!

No comments: