Friday, December 28, 2007

Holiday Rush =)

What a Holiday Season! Sheesh... I don't know if I will be able to endure much more... we've had quite the Christmas weekend... sorry it's been so long since I last wrote, but we've been pretty busy... I can honestly say that I could have gotten laundry detergent for Christmas and I would have smiled (weakly, but it would have been there), that's because the FLU bug ran rampant through our household over the Christmas holiday. Trenten started it, and then I went down over Christmas Eve, and Tory brought up the rear right after Christmas. Thankfully Ashley hasn't gotten it (yet, my fingers are crossed that the "yet" is not coming)... but others were not as fortunate. Alan, Josh and Aaron all went down with it. Stay strong Ronda! As did my Adam, my brother, and my Dad... you stay strong too Mom! Thankfully (at least for me), it was only about a 12 hour deal... Trenten wasn't so lucky, he just couldn't seem to shake the darn bug over the weekend, but thankfully today we really think we can say our little boy is back in action... He slept through the night last night (yeah for Daddy and Mommy!), and he was up this morning (almost slept until 8:00!) and was playing "tractors" with Dad =) I'm really glad that he slept in, he needed it, but unfortunately then mom didn't get to see her little man before heading off to work... the price us "working mommy's" have to pay I guess... but even with the flu beating down our door, we still had a wonderful holiday season... there were some ups and downs along the way... but overall it was a joyous time, and we thanked God for our family and friends and wish them all only the best that 2008 has to offer...
So what did we get for Christmas this year? We were all pretty spoiled, that is for sure... I keep telling everyone that I think we could be a John Deere warehouse with all the green and yellow you see throughout our house... but to my surprise, Trent did not get one duplicate toy! And he got alot! He has the John Deere farm, and all the farm animals and farm machinery a little kid could ever need or even imagine... Tory calls Trent a BFO now (BIG FARMING OPERATION). And Trent really does love all the farming he gets to do... he's making lots of tractor noises. =) He got the John Deere radio, corn popper, lawn mower (won't be needing that for a little while, it's snowing right now!), more John Deere machinery for the farm, a John Deere steering wheel that makes lots of noise! Oh, and so much more! But his favorite gift I would have to say, was his Cozy Coop Car! The little red car with the yellow roof made my Little Tikes (I think)... he saw that on Christmas morning (from Santa) and his eyes just lit up! =) It didn't matter at that moment, all the sickness and yuckiness of the past few days, all he wanted to do was drive that car! It was so cute! We got some videotape of it... but man, I'll never forget him locking on that as we walked through the living room, and we found Daddy in the bathroom, and he got down from my arms, went to grab Tory's hand and then thought, never mind! and split for the living room to get to his car! Like I said... so cute!

Ash made out like a bandit too... don't get me wrong, but she is definitely turning into a teenager... Gift card and money made it to the top of her list, but Dad, Abby and Santa did go in on a camera for her for Christmas, hopefully it will be be put to good use and well liked... I think she was pretty happy... I know she had a good Christmas, but she is definitely growing up way too fast on us... Tory and I are trying to remind her that she doesn't have that long to be a kid, so enjoy it... but we were all kids once, and I still remember that I knew it all when I was a kid too... I just hope we are doing everything we can for her. I only want her to have a life that is better then mine and Tory's, I think I'm learning that is the case for most parents, we want better for our kids, and I want better for Ash. She has so much to live for, so much outside of our little town... We had a good Christmas with her, but as with a teenager, we are having our trials and tribulations, that is for sure. I'm focusing on the tribulations as we go into New Year (the good things, and triumphs)... She's on the basketball tournament team and her grades are really good so far, so that is good... I love you Dasher!

Did I get spoiled? I would say I was very loved this Christmas, but as Santa told me nieces and nephew, "it is better to give then to receive." And I totally agree... Santa was nice enough to send a very special elf to my mother-in-law's on Sunday to drop off a special present for my nieces, nephew, and Trent and Ash... and man, I will never forget Lauren, Emily, Austin, and Lilly's faces when the found the present on Grandma and Grandpa's doorstep, it was adorable! I heard Lauren tell Emily that she "wished she had seen the elf flying and landing on Grandma and Grandpa's doorstep." It was priceless and that is what Christmas is all about, the magic of it, and watching the happiness on your loved ones faces... but yes, I too was very loved this Christmas. Tory got me a very nice present, I'll have to show you all when I get a chance... it's something I've always wanted and he had very nice taste... I got a beautiful star necklace and I love it... I (and the family) got some beautiful ornaments and mostly it was just great company and love and awesome food!

So needless to say I wasn't ready to go back to work this week, but I got two days in, and now it's the weekend, yeah! And my birthday is Monday! Yippee! Never lone to wait after Christmas has come and gone... but that's okay... I love my birthday =) There's definitely always a party going on. =) So I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas weekend and have fun plans for New Year's... until later, may you be blessed with peace, love and happiness... Cheers!

Oh, and yes, Tory was definitely spoiled too... nobody forgot about him! Night!

1 comment:

Lis said...

Hoping you had a good holiday and a great Birthday!