Monday, February 27, 2012

Realizing...

that time goes so fast! Holy smokes! I cannot believe how much time can pass us all by so quickly, and what do we remember... the things that we worried and fretted about? No... we remember all the good things, the laughs, smiles and love... just remember that... when you are on your deathbed, are you going to look back and regret that vacation, or that trip to the ice cream shop with the kids, or the time you spent with your husband instead of getting all that "house-work" done (that never, ever seems to stop, that is just the way it is... so take that moment!)... I need to remember to do that more often, because I'm always thinking that I need to get that done, or I need to get that done... and no... as Mekhiva would say, "just hit those survival chores" =)

Things that have been happening:

- Signing Trenten up for Kindergarten... that is crazy for me... I can't believe how big my little man is getting to be.
- Trenten passing his TKWD test and going from white belt to yellow! Congratulations T!
- Trenten losing his second tooth! Wow! He's got the quirkiest, cutest smile, and it keeps getting cuter.
- Ashley has been living with us for the past two months now, that is a little crazy... we are still working on everything in this house, and it has just been completely brutal dealing with her mom... I wish I could say it wasn't, but that is the honest truth... her mom is just being such a child about everything, but Tory, Ashley and I will get through it together... and she will come around. And my daughter will have a relationship with her mom sometime in the future... things will get better... they will.... they always do. I love my daughter and I will do anything for her, just like mine does for me. Love you Ashley. So happy you are living with us. You made one of your dad's dreams come truth, not to mention your brother and sister's and your second mom's.
- We are looking for prom dresses for Ashley... that is an interesting, fun and tricky situation... interesting because I never thought I would be the one doing it with Ash. Fun, because I always have a blast with her, and I love dresses! Tricky because we know she will be going with her boyfriend, Greg, whom we aren't the coolest with yet, and because Dad (Tory) really doesn't want to think about his baby girl going to PROM... it is hard on Dad's, I'm realizing that now. Thanks to my dad for all his love and support while I grew up on him! Love you Dad!

- Adelyn... hmmm... nothing huge going on in her life right now, except growing like crazy! She is a diva through and through... and is a bit clingy these days... she is really figuring things out these days, and we have to keep a close eye on her... you don't know what she will be into next.

Big Family Event: Our Miss Holly passed away on Thursday, February 23... it was so sad and unexpected... we were not ready for it and we miss her so-so much. We love you Holly Berry! Tory and I buried her up on the bluff, and I cannot believe that we got through that cold-cold ground and rock, but we did... she is home with us, that is good.

Night all!

No comments: