Friday, May 18, 2012

Happy Belated Mother's Day

So I can't believe how quickly Mother's Day came and went, and the fact that my family was up from St. Louis two weeks ago, and that came and went too!  Holy smokes!  We had a great time with the Reinberg family, they were awesome, as usual, and the kids had SO much fun with each other!  Trenten was so sad to see Albert go, but we all know he will be back soon, with all the tractors and awesome machinery around here, there is no way he will be able to stay away.

So I actually had an AWESOME Mother's Day, even with a with funnies involved.  Tory let me sleep in that morning, and did I ever, it was 9:00 before I was really starting to think about moving.  Tory got up with the dogs, with Adelyn, everything.  And so Adelyn and Trenten came in to hang out with me when I started getting up (Trenten was actually just getting up himself, slept until 9:00 too!), and Addy was being so cute!  She was hugging me, and she has this thing right now where she wants to put lotion on people, rub it on our legs, arms, faces... it's pretty cute actually, so I had jar with a little left, and she was giving me an awesome leg massage with lotion, and all of a sudden, I was like, "what is that on your shoe Adelyn."  And Tory and I both looked, it was poop!  Adelyn popped in my bed!  Her diaper had gotten wedged up and it all came right out!  Ugh! =) So down Adelyn went to the shower, and out Mommy got from bed, and grabbed the blanket (thankfully only one got the present), and to the laundry room that went.

After that fun surprise, Tory took the kids to town, and I took a run... really trying to work at this whole long distance running, not so fun for me yet =)  I'm working on it Aaron!  So that was nice though, and I got to take a shower without interruption, and then we got ready to go to eat with Tory's mom and family... nice little place, but the wait was ridiculous!  The kids and I order pancakes and eggs, and it took over an hour and a half for us to get our meals!  Seriously, they brought everything a plate at a time, and there was 12 in our party, so everyone got a meal about every five minutes, it was crazy!  So I wasn't even really hungry when it got there...

The kids were great, and we finally went home (I had a blast with Tory's family, so that is the only thing that kept me smiling through that crazy meal order).  Went home, and everyone took naps, got the dogs ready, and then we went out to Tory's cousins second? wedding reception/more like graduation party, that was a crazy deal too, but seeing Tory's family (his Dad's side), was worth it, and we had a good time.  After that, I finally got to see my MOM!  Yeah!  Even though she said we didn't have to come out, because it was getting late at that point, but there was no way we weren't going to see her, and tell her Happy Mother's Day and that we loved her so much... I think she liked her flowers and gift, so that was good.  We love you all!  Mom's are what makes the world go round!  Hope everyone had a great day!  Cheers

No comments: