Sunday, November 11, 2012

November Already! Trenten is six and Ashley 18!

Goodness gracious!  Where did October go?  Not really sure, but it was a great month!  I expect November to be just as wonderful!  So to close out the month of October, my baby boy turned six years old!  Can you believe it?!?  Because I sure can't... he is just the best little man.  While he can definitely have his moments, as every little boy can, overall I couldn't ask for much better.  He had a great birthday!  On his birthday, and then six days later, as he shared a family party with his older sister, that was a lot of fun.  He is SO into Star Wars right now... everything has to be Star Wars, Star Wars, Star Wars!  We are watching the movies, playing with the figurines, the pods, the swords, everything!  And his little sister would love to get in on all of it, not to her brother's happiness, at all.  But they are working it out.  And T is just starting to figure out that Christmas is right around the corner.  So this will be fun, as I think both Trenten and Adelyn are a the best age for Christmas.

And so T turned six and then not too long after, Ashley turned 18 on us and even voted for the first time!  Holy smokes!  This weekend she went up to UNI to hang out with her cousin, Kayla, and to check out the campus again (without parents), and meet Kelsey, a possible roommate for next year?  Can't wait to hear about her weekend when she gets home.  I think she had a great birthday.  We actually pulled her out of school, she got to sleep in, and then we headed to town, voted for the president of our choice (Obama won, four more years, enough said), and then headed into Dubuque for some errands, a birthday lunch at the Olive Garden, and getting her new "I'm Eighteen!" license!   So it was a good day.  She went and hung out with Greg when she got back... not sure where they stay currently, but we will just have to wait and see how that all plays out.

So while she was gone this weekend, we cut wood yesterday!  And did we ever!  We now have two very large, very high rows of wood on the porch and the cellar steps are full.  That is awesome!  Couldn't have even have come close without some awesome help in the form of Ryan, Tanner, Adam (Ax), Greg, Marty and of course Mom!  Maybe with just Mom we could have come close =)  But that is because Tory thinks she is a super hero =) And I would have to say I agree.  I always said if I could be half the woman my mom is, I would be doing good, but I'm shooting for the full thing!  Love you Mom!  Thanks everyone for all your help!  We are definitely in a better place heading into winter now... as yesterday was BEAUTIFUL!  Possibly our last nice fall day before Mr. Winter decides to make his full appearance... we will wait and see.  Hope everyone is having a great Sunday!

No comments: