Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Just A Few Minutes...

It is 10:24 p.m. and we have just brought the dogs in for the last time tonight, and I'm tired... Tory is sitting at the computer in the office, and wants "just a few minutes" to check something or look something up, so I thought, why not give myself those "few minutes" to put an update on my blog... it has only been FOREVER!  Goodness gracious... I cannot believe I have not blogged since last November, that is crazy... we have had so much happen and not happen in that time period, I wouldn't know where to begin... so I'm going to just begin anywhere =)

Adely is potty trained!  So excited about this!  Yes, she is potty trained!  It is awesome!  The next step will be learning how to pull her own panties and pants up, but I'm just so excited that we aren't having poop or pee in our pants to clean up (because that was always, always mom's job), that I will pull up and pull down for as long as I need, because she isn't going to want me to do that for long either... the one fun thing that she does do with this though is when she has to go potty, she says "I'm pooping!"  Seriously!  It is so cute now, because we know she isn't, she just feels it, but the first few times she said this when we were still working on not pooping in her pants, man we said, "No! No! No!  Hold it!" all the while racing to the nearest pot!  But now that we understand that she is getting ready, it is pretty darn cute to hear come out in her little voice!  She is too cute!

Trenten lost his two front teeth!  He is adorable!  Yes, always was and and always will be, but it is pretty cute to see him smile with both of them missing up front.  Cute!  And he is such a good speller and his reading ability is amazing Tory, Grandma and myself.  I think Grandma said he was reading a book at the third grade level the other day, my little kindergartner!  Wow!  So he is doing really well in school, with his academics and having fun with his friends, but he is still a little stinker at times, like last week... Tory picked him up from school, which is different anyway, but then Tory got asked to come into the classroom because his teacher needed to speak with on a matter in relation to Trent.  Trent made a beeline to get a drink of water at this time, but Tory nabbed him and he had to go in with him, only to find out that Trenten had been using some inappropriate language at school the last couple of days... Tory totally thought he was busted, "bad dad" and all, but we found out that Mommy has to watch her tongue because Trenten had been saying "frickin" in school... we all thought it was the "F word" after Daddy, but nope, it was Mommy and Big Sister that have to watch what they say!  Stinker!  Tory almost started laughing when he found out what the word was.  So he is growing day by day and we are trying to enjoy each moment, even the stinky moments =)

Ashley is a senior, and taking every advantage of it... wanting it to snow, snow, snow and snow some more... seniors don't have to make up snow days at all, they are out the same day, no matter what... no matter that her little brother and grandma still have to make it up =)  Oh the life of a senior... how we all remember, and wouldn't go back, but it was nice... Adulthood catches up to all of us eventually, so I say "enjoy" because she should, and she is.  She finally has some wheels, and she is pretty happy about that... Cute little Honda CRV, works great for her.  We are getting ready for prom and her graduation party, so much to do!  That weekend is going to be crazy, crazy, good... =)  Lots of partying.  Her Dad turns 36, she has her graduation and her party, and her baby sister turns three!  I will be a tired mommy after that weekend, her is hoping I'm still standing come Tuesday morning, or better yet, down here early, like I want to be... but as of right now, need to get up to the house, finish a couple of things and head off to bed.  Night!


No comments: