Sunday, November 22, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy

Is this upcoming week really Thanksgiving?!? No way! I can hardly believe it... it has been just a bit crazy around this house over the past week and a half, and it is time to get some order to everything, but first some of the fun things that have been happening...

First, I decided to nest =) Once I heard the heartbeat on this little one, I felt more secure in thinking it is actually real and we are going to have a beautiful healthy happy baby in the Spring. The miscarriage just gave me a little bit of a rocky start, but this pregnancy is definitely moving more in the direction that Trent's was, so happy about that... but anyway, once I saw that nice heartbeat I decided we could commence to start moving everyone one around, Trent to Ashley's room, Ashley to the hunting room, all the hunting stuff somewhere throughout the house (are getting the idea that this small little house is getting stuffed to the brim, but we will be cozy, that's for sure!) and the baby will go in Trent and Ashley's original room, across the hall from us. Ashley jokes that she has now had her room in every room upstairs except ours! =) So anyway, we were getting everything moved, and mama and papa brought over the twin bed for Trent's "new" room, he even calls it that! His "new" room =) So I had planned on moving most of Trent's stuff, but letting him sleep in his toddler bed across from us for a little bit longer, but the night that we put the bed up, when we were going up to bed to read books and rock, he said, "I want to sleep in my new room." and I said, "In your new bed." and he said, "Yup!" So I couldn't say "No, you can't." So Wednesday next of this week, November 18th, Trenten slept in a big bed in his new blue room, he was SO little in that twin, took up like 1/4 of the bed! And it was so high off the ground! Sheesh! But you know what, he slept the entire night through and has not asked to sleep in his old bed at all this week... He really is turning into a little man! =)

So that is also why our upstairs is in chaos, I'm trying to condense closets, simplify and all that good stuff, and it's hard, and I thought, well, if I'm having stuff thrown around, I might as well get out my X-mas stuff too, because I would have one week of chaos then getting it all settled and pulling everything out again, so the X-mas is almost done too, Tory was fine with putting up the decor, he loves the way it makes the house look, because I'm a lights and garland girl, but he put his foot down on the tree, he said that can't go up until after Thanksgiving, so I said I was fine with that. So my goal today is to finish up all the rooms and get them all in order, get Ashley and Trenten's individual trees up in their rooms and just be done, I have enough other stuff to do.

Other things happening: Ashley started basketball last night, she did good, we'll see how it goes for her. She has everything she needs to be a star, the height, the build, the shot, just not sure how much she wants it... and it is amazing, but drive does make up a huge percentage of an athlete. I think it is hard for Dad to sit and watch sometimes because he had such drive on the court, if he was going to touch the basketball it was going to be with force and determination, I know it's hard for me at times because I want to see her dive for that loose ball, to pull a rebound down with determination that "this is my ball." So we'll just have to see, I'm glad that she is out and as long as she has fun and is happy, I'll be content, but I can already see Tory's plans for Trent circling in his head =) We are parents, aren't we =) Anyway, Ash did take a good shot last night, just rimmed out, and she pulled down a nice rebound with a girl over her back, which I was very proud of because I think she was the only girl to actually BLOCK out, goodness, do they not teach those girls to put a butt into someone and JUMP... I'm think I'm going to have to learn to be subtle and more quiet and games this season, that must be my lesson in life =)

So I have to tell you a cute saying that Trenten said the other day to me... I was having a Lia Sophia party here at the house (jewelry) and Tory was getting Trenten ready to go out and grab some dinner, and Tory said, "Trent, lets get out of here while Mommy has her chick party." And I said, "Trent, are you going to go with Daddy to get some dinner?" And Trenten said, "Yup, and you have to stay here at the DUCK party Mommy." It was so cute! Tory said "chick party" and Trenten was following along but changed it to "Duck Party." I couldn't stop laughing... he's always coming up with cute things like that.

So lets see, other then that, I am at 14 weeks and due May 24th (Aaron was asking), and I need to get a little caterpillar up like Aaron on the side of my blog, not sure how she did that, but I'm going to try to figure it out when I get a minute... not sure when that will be... Oh, another funny thing this week, I just ordered a size 24 bridesmaid dress! Can you say TENT! Sheesh! Yes, I am still in my cousin's wedding as of now, Jody's getting married May 22nd, Abby and baby's due date May 24th, can everyone just start praying for a birth date of May 8th or something? Or maybe cinco de Mayo, right Linda? =) I wouldn't care, as long as it is not May 20th, May 21st or May 22nd during the day, but I don't have much control, so we'll just have to wait and see, but should be interesting! =)

Okay, lots to do today, so I'll try to keep up better then every two weeks, sheesh! Cheers & Happy Holiday's everyone!

1 comment:

Aaron said...

May will be a great birthday for Baby Topping! I got the counter from Lilypie.com-baby tickers. Dont ask me how i put it on, I somehow figured it out, which is miraculous for me. If I can do it, you can do it! I hope we will get to see you all on Thanksgiving!!!