Saturday, January 22, 2011

Healthy Iowa, Healthy Year!

2011 is going to be a great year! It seems like I have been beating myself up lately on what I have not been doing - not getting up early enough, not working out, not writing in my blog... but I'm going to make strides to be positive (look, I didn't even see NOT in there)... so I'm happy with myself right now, and telling myself, "good job" because I got up at 6:00 this morning, wanted to be up at 5:00, but 6:00 is good, and I have gotten a whole lot done in the last hour... I'm going out shopping (more window for myself) with my sister Amy today, so laying bed this morning, I knew when the alarm went off, that I SO wanted to stay in bed for the next hour or two, but I also knew that being gone all day, that it wouldn't be a pretty sight if I didn't get up. So the alarm was set for 6:00, and I got up at 6:00... Tory definitely helped by giving me a little push and saying, "just go down stairs and go to the bathroom" because he knew if that he got me up out of bed, I wouldn't come up... amazing how I can come back after giving Adelyn a bottle... no problem... So I'm up, and I have gotten two loads of laundry in, dishes washed, Adelyn's note for Daddy started, and I'm about to get in the shower and get ready, but I am starting to hear my little lady upstairs starting to stir, so she might want her bottle soon... so I better keep moving.

I'm also participating in Healthy Iowa - 100 Day Challenge - at work, and I'm really excited. My goal, 30 minutes of exercise, 4 days a week, and losing 5 lbs at the end of the challenge, and then continuing my workouts... Here I go!

1 comment:

Donna Loes said...

Good luck! You really do get that much exercise just taking care of Trent, Addy, Ashley, a house, how many dogs?, 2 jobs, and a husband. But go for it.