Monday, December 12, 2011

Three Dogs, Two Kids and a Toppled Christmas Tree!

Ugh! Lost some of my favorite ornaments tonight. We had a great day, and then the unthinkable happened, I say unthinkable, because I know Trenten never would have done what he did if he had thought it through, which he did not...

Tory told Trenten not to bounce the ball in the house... too small of a house for three dogs to try to snatch up a tennis ball... not a good combination... so Tory asked Trenten not to bounce the ball again, and what does our wonderful listener do (this is the same thing we are working with him at school), he does it ONE MORE TIME... and this time right into the tree! (Technically at the base.) And what do our ball crazy dogs do? Go right into the tree! UGH! And tree comes crashing down! Dogs are scared, Trenten is wide-eyed, Addy is clapping and laughing, and Daddy and Mommy are sad and upset all at the same time. I lost some of my favorite ornaments... Adelyn's first Christmas, Tory's brother's ornament (he passed away), and a few from when I was a child... bummer... in the end they are just things and life moves on, but it was definitely a learning lesson for the little man... he got sent to his room, and he was pretty sorry. Hopefully he will continue to work on listening to us all when we ask him to do something. Night! This lady is tired!

No comments: