Tuesday, March 20, 2007

To St. Louis and Back

What a whirlwind of a weekend... I don't know where it went and it is already Tuesday night... time flies... Well, we made it to St. Louis and back in one piece... it was a great time, just really, really, really quick. Thursday night we went up to Ronda and Alan's for some dinner and Friday Trenten went to Dawn's for an hour or so, so I could finish packing, it was very nice of Dawn to take Trent for me for that short of time... I got most of the packing finished, but the day just went by so fast... Trent was a very good boy all day long, we got to play, he took a little nap and the packing got finished. Tory got home from school and spent some time with Trent and then we were off to pick up Ashley at 5:00. We grabbed some subs from Subway and we all went out to Mom and Dad's. There Trent got fed, we packed the van, ate our subs and said goodbye to Tory/Daddy. I was bummed he couldn't go with us, but it was more of girl weekend, and this way the doggies didn't have to go anywhere and Jet got to go hunting on Sunday and all the boys got to go for a big walk on Saturday... everyone had a good weekend... so we left Cascade on Friday night around 7:00... Trenten did awesome on the way down, what a good boy! We only stopped once, right outside CR, and I fed him, and then he slept the rest of the way to Linda's! Wow! He woke up 10 minutes before we got there, was big smiles for Linda =) when we walked in the door, and then he went right to bed.

Saturday - what a BIG day! We all got up and had some breakfast, and we all got ready, except for Dad, he got ready for a nice, relaxing day on the couch, watching movies and Westerns... it's so nice for him, just to get to relax, see his sister, and take it easy. So Ashley, Mom, Trenten, Linda, Bonnie (Linda's friend, so nice), and I all got ready for the Bridal/Baby/Bridal shower... We got to the shower around 1:00 and it was so nice. Aaron/Christina/and Kirsten had a beautiful shower and it snowed all day! Seriously! I couldn't believe we went down South and it snowed there and not in Iowa! It was the most beautiful snow too! Huge flakes and it came down so gently and pretty! The shower was very nice, great food, and it didn't last overly long, they had all the girls open at the same time! It was a small circus at that point, but everyone was having a great time! Trent was very good the whole afternoon, took a couple of cat naps here and there, and everyone was coohing over him =) He loved that... He loves to ham it up for everyone... so later on that evening, we left Cheryl's (where the shower was), and went over to Ruth and Johnny's for pizza and a little party... everyone was so sweet... just all wonderful people, and I'm lucky to know them... we always have a great time down in St. Louis. I'm also extremely lucky to have Linda for an aunt, and Beau and Jason for cousins... and Christina is so cool and Aaron is going to be such a great asset to the family, on every side... Beau is a very lucky guy... so thanks for a wonderful weekend you all! Wish it could have lasted it a little longer, but short and sweet is better then nothing at all.

We left on Sunday morning around 7:00, and got on the road, and I have to say that Trent did extremely well all weekend, especially in the car. Ashely was awesome too! But she can read, listen to her I-Pod, watch movies, she is set, but she was so helpful with Trent, it was amazing. She is a wonderful big sister, and Trenten is so lucky to have her. We got home around 2:30 and Tory got home from hunting right after us, pretty darn good timing... but I think once we got home the weekend finally caught up with Trenten because he turned into a little bear =) Poor thing... and Ashley SO wanted to go for a walk with him and Daddy and I. I was pretty bummed for her and us that it didn't happen, Trenten just didn't want to cooperate on that aspect... so we went to Alan and Ronda's for soup on Sunday night and then took Ashley to Lynn and Dan's for the night... the soup was the awesome, the company even better, but it was just great to get home and get Trenten and myself into our own beds! That felt so nice, and even better to be in my husband's loving arms for the night... I missed him!

So now it is Tuesday night, and while I have a ton of things to do, I think I might just end up hitting the hay a little early tonight... hope you all are having a wonderful night! I'll try to get some pictures up from St. Louis soon... I have some real cute ones of Beau and Trent and Aaron and Trent... until I see you! Take care and go to bed early! It always seems to help! Night!

No comments: