Trenten and I took Roo for one last walk up in the ten-year this morning and it was cute, because Trenten turned to me while we were walking and said, "I'm tired Mommy, I can't walk anymore, can you carry me?" And I told him that I couldn't, I wasn't strong enough to carry him the whole way, and he said Daddy and Papa could, and I told "yes - they could," so I said you can wait and watch Roo and I walk the rest of the ten-year... and the thought that would be okay, so he sat down at the top of the hill and Roo and I continued our walk, and we didn't get too far when Trenten yelled to "wait up, I'm ready to walk" and ran to catch up. When he got to me, he looked up at me and said with the most serious face, "Mommy, I couldn't let you walk Roo alone, it's our last walk with him and I have to say goodbye." I about cried! It was so flipping adorable... and so we continued to walk and then Trenten said such a profound statement, he looked at me again and said, "Mommy, we are saying goodbye to Roo because he found a family, right?" I said, "Right." And with that he yelled at Roo, "Roo, you have a family! You are going to be a happy dog!" It was pretty sweet and I love that little man!
Sunday, March 27, 2011
Where does the weekend go?
They go so fast, like most things, but this weekend was good... we found a great home for Roo! I'm so excited for him! Wow! Hard to believe that he is really gone... by the way, for most that might now know, Roo is a yellow lab that we have had from puppy-hood that is from Jet and Maddie, and just about the most adorable thing you have ever seen, and SO sweet. But he went home to a great family today and it is so good, but just strange not to have him in the house (summer kitchen) and not have his adorable face looking up at me, or getting ready to go for a walk, or get some breakfast/dinner... now he will be looking to Todd and Molly with that sweet look. Lucky. Yeah, Roo got a great home, that is all we wanted... and he is a really good dog, has a great set of training under him, Todd and Molly should be pretty happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's our Trenten! Such a sweetie.
Post a Comment