Happy Belated Mother's Day to everyone! Not sure where the time goes, but I need to be heading to bed, because it is a very busy week, but when isn't it...
The weekend was great. Friday was nice with the family. Ash had some friends out for a bit, so that was nice. We spent time with Mom too, I always love being around her, she just makes people so happy with her energy, love you mom!
Saturday, that was a very busy day, but a good one. We had a lot of clients that morning, or Tory did mostly, and the kids kept me hopping... Picked up flowers from Adam for mom, that was a rush, but I was so proud of him for doing this all on his own (he only called me to see if I could pick them up), way to go Spud! Mom loves them! They are so beautiful. Then we had some great help with our twice-a-year roadside clean up for the business. It's a good thing to do, but yuck! I can't believe how much stuff is thrown out, seriously people! Everyone should be required to do roadside clean up, just so they know the feeling of picking up the trash when they think about throwing it out... you can wait until you get home or the next gas station people! But thank you to everyone for helping! It went pretty quick, and then we got some pizza afterwards. Trenten and Adelyn were troopers by watching in the car (the roadside clean up that is, they got plenty of pizza!), my children are awesome! I am a very lucky Mommy and hope I can live up to the wonderful Mom they deserve in life.
So then Ashley had another friend at our house that evening, Katie W. - very nice girl. Really liked her, she was fresh and honest and funny, and very sweet... She can come over any time. It's so funny that Ashley can drive now, sometimes I still forget, because we were thinking that we wanted ice cream that night, and I said it was too late really, and the kids were in bed (except for Ash and Katie and Tory and myself - only 8:45), and Ash said, "Katie and I can run in and get it and bring it back." Well what do you say to that? So that's what happened. They got back and started telling us all about how they met Ashley's ex-boyfriend, Greg, while getting ice cream. Ashley just said that they looked at each other and then they glared at one another, and Katie mentioned how awkward it was, and then started laughing, then Ashley was laughing, and Tory looked so puzzled, that I had to start laughing... my poor husband.
So Sunday was a wonderful day. I'm a lucky Mommy =) Trenten came in that morning and remembered that he had a present for me in his bookbag, so the said, "Stay here Mommy, I have a surprise for you in my bookbag, it's an apron." And ran off to his room! Oh to be four again! It was so cute and funny! The apron is adorable, love it! And then I got a beautiful card and recordable book from Ashley, Trenten and Adelyn. Very cute.
Was hoping Adelyn would start crawling for me as a Mother's Day gift, but no such luck Around noon we headed off to Central Park for Tory's brother "on-leave" party... he is back for two weeks from Afghanistan... He couldn't believe how big Adelyn had gotten, and held her for about a half hour... What a sweet godfather. The kids all had a great time at the park.
Then we went home for a bit, and then it was out to Mom's for one of the best meals! But we always have the best meals at mom's, but she out did herself with steak and chicken! Olive Garden salad! And the fruit was so good! I could go on and on... it was all delicious and the company even better. Ryan and the kids came out, Ronda and Alan, and the Kurt grandchildren... and the best! Dad came home from work! That was great present for mom and me... I know mom was so happy! Yeah! It was a good day and a great weekend!
Happy Mother's Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment