Monday, January 29, 2007

The Weekend & First 10-Hour Day =)

It's been a little while since I last posted... but here is what has been going on the past few days...

Friday - Pretty good day. We had dinner with some great friends of ours, Greg, Shelly, Michelle and Ryan. Trent got to play with Kaden and Kambrie, Kambrie and Trent were so cute together, and Kaden was such a funny and sweet host! We had a great time hanging out with everyone - good company, good food (thanks Ryan for the small screw-up, worked out well for everyone! =), and good laughs and conversation. It was a really nice way to cap off a long week back at work. First week back under my belt... that is a good thing, I think =) Miss Trent during the day, but it is good to have a consistent schedule these days.

Saturday - Tory took Jet hunting down past Iowa City with Jason and Greg. Jet needed the workout and to keep honing his pheasant hunting skills. Trent and I went with Mom to pick out some paint for her kitchen/dining room/entry way/and hallway. I really like the paint colors we picked out, a cream and a pretty brown mocha... it is going to look great! Then Trent, Mom and I went to a couple of the shops downtown. Grandma got Trent the cutest little captain's chair at Cranberry Hollow! It is SO cute! Mom (Grandma to Trent) says it reminds her of Grandma Loes' (my dad's mom) captain chair. Mom thought I should take it home for Trent, but I said she definitely keep it her house, it will look so cute in her house and Trent can use it when he comes to visit Grandma and Grandpa! =) So the rest of the day was pretty uneventful, Tory got home and he took Trent for the afternoon for me, letting me do whatever I wanted, that was very nice of my husband, gave me a couple of hours to do what I wanted, how I wanted... Trent and Daddy had some good bonding time together. That night we had dinner with Jason, Axe and Marty at our house, great company! The guys are so nice. Jason is family, and it was good for Trent to see Uncle Jason... Saturday was the night it started getting pretty cold out. All the animals got to come in the house or the summer kitchen... brrrr!

Sunday - We had breakfast with Mom and Dad at the Knights of Columbus breakfast (Boy Scout breakfast). Then we went and painted at Mom and Dad's. It looks awesome! Love it! The colors look great in Mom and Dad's house... now we just have to get the floor in for mom and start decorating again... almost looks like a completely different house. Tory and Trent went to see Great Grandma Ida while we painted, and then Trent took a nap and we all painted... it didn't take long when we were all working hard. And we kept the baby up and away from all the paint... Sunday night I had to get ready for Monday's 10-Hour Day. Should prove interesting.

Monday - It has been a long day! Tory has been a huge help already! He keeps telling me to keep Friday in my head, I have Friday off =) Tory started my car, took Trent to daycare, helped around the house... definitely would not be able to do this without my husband... I'm such a lucky girl!

But it is Tuesday morning and I have to get ready! Later gators!

1 comment:

Lis said...

I saw that little chair when Tammy's mom brought it in, its adorable! TOO FUNNY... almost bought it for Blade.