Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Holiday Weekend Gone Already

Where did our holiday weekend go to? Seriously... a three day weekend has just gone down in the memory books, and I don't even know where it went... ugh! Okay... lets see... what has all happened this weekend.

Friday: Can I even remember that far back, how sad =) Friday, we just bummed around the house, which was awesome. Trent, Tory and I went for a walk and enjoyed each other's company, no big plans, and that was very, very nice. And Tory and I caught a movie, "Wild Hogs" which wasn't an Academy Award winner, but I thought it was funny... I laughed a lot.

Saturday: First we got up fairly early and got a few things accomplished, and then we were off to Ashley's soccer game, which was a lot of fun to watch, they are all getting better. Then Tory, Trent and I went to Iowa City to see Sara for the day! That was a lot of fun! Trent was a big ham with Sara, I think he liked her just a little. After lunch at Bennigan's (which was really good) we went and strolled the mall. Tory went to Scheel's and Trent, Sara and I just meandered and chatted. I enjoyed that. And Trent was such a sweetheart the entire day. We left Iowa City and headed back to town to pick up Ash by 5:00. Then we made some dinner and it wasn't long before I was calling it a night. But we did have a fire on Saturday night and some smores. Yum.

Sunday: We got up and went to church, had breakfast at Grandma and Grandpa's, went home for a little while. After Trent got up from his nap, we went to Dubuque for errands, and then stopped at Greg and Shelly's... the main reason for going to Dubuque was errands and to drop off Charlie, Ryan and Michelle's little puppy, who we babysat from Thursday on. He was a good boy, but it was nice to get home to his parents. So then Greg, Shelly, Kaden and Kambrie came out to the farm that evening, and we had another fire and smores. That was a lot of fun.

Monday: Went by way too fast! We tired to get some things done and we had an awesome picnic up at Tory's mom's and Alan's... it was really good food and great company... but Monday went by in a blur and now it is Tuesday morning and I have to get to work! Hope everyone has a great day! It's beginning to look and feel like fall now... crazy!

No comments: