Wednesday, August 29, 2007

M.I.A.

Well, the puppy ma have a name... we will see if it sticks (which I still have to get a picture of the little girl), but I think her name is going to be Mia (M.I.A. - Missing In Action)... last night (Tuesday), Trent and I went into town to see Grandma at the coffee shop (she was working), because Daddy was with a client... so we went in and hung out with Grandma for a little while, and then we were going to go and play with the puppy for a little while at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Give the little girl some socialization with a baby and such. So we left Grandma and got out to the farm about 6:15. At first we couldn't find anybody. Neither Grandpa or the puppy were in the house, but we finally saw Grandpa out by the silos, so we went out to see what he and the puppy were up to... got to Grandpa, asked where the puppy was and got the response, "I think I lost her." What!?!? Grandpa had taken the little puppy out with him to do a couple of things, well, while he was working on one thing, he forgot to keep an eye on the little girl for a few minutes and the next time he looked, she was gone! Well Trent and I helped Grandpa search the area high and low... no sign of the little girl. Finally at about 6:50, I said I was going to go and get Coby (Jet was with Tory) to help search for the puppy... so Trent stayed with Grandpa and I went and got Coby from the farm and told him on the way over to Grandma and Grandpa's that he was going to "go to work." And had to help "find" the little puppy... so we got to Grandma and Grandpa's, put the puppy's little towel in a zip lock baggy and went to the last known spot Grandpa had seen here. I gave Coby a whiff of the bag with the towel and said "find." And we started on the trail... it took about 5 to 10 minutes, but we finally heard the little girl crying, and we found her! Coby, Grandpa and I did... she was across the road! Curled up (probably sleeping) in the tall weeds, just chilling out, but she was very lucky she wasn't hit and that we found her (with Coby's help) because it rained last night... not very fun for a little baby... so the puppy had went Missing In Action, and her name is now Mia... appropriate... just glad she was found, but I knew we would find her... wasn't an option not too... so the little one has a name (unless it has changed and I don't know), and I like it... but what a big adventure for tiny little pup.

1 comment:

Lis said...

scary! glad you found her!
I have so much to catch up on...