Friday, April 9, 2010
6 Hours and Ugh!
So I got to go into Dubuque today to have my car serviced. We were on the books for new tires and brake work for the Pilot, fun, fun =) So I get in there, and they say three hours of service needs, so I say, "okay" and head out to get a few things done and bum around a little (which I rarely get to do)... It was early, 8:30 early, so baby and I had caved and got some BK french toast sticks, hash browns and orange juice, yum... we also did some writing and it was fun, and some reading... After this, we went to the mall and did some errands. I had to have my jewelry from my loving husband inspected for warranty, so did that, and then I just kind of went where ever I wanted for awhile, checking out stores I haven't seen in awhile, because a mommy doesn't always want to tote a tot through too many stores, okay always. I found a beautiful summer dress that I would love to buy after this pregnancy =) Spent some fun time in Borders, love books! And just tried to enjoy my down time, but after the hour turned to four hours of service and going on to five, I thought, okay, "how much longer?" So I called the service center and asked how much longer they were thinking... they said "half hour, hour tops." Then came the call a half hour later... "Abby, we are going to need you to come and get a service car because we found the problem with your revving engine... a mouse chewed through some of the wires in your engine." YES! YES! That is what he said to me... I was thinking, "what!?!?" No, I was supposed to be getting new tires and new brakes, not a whole new engine or whatever! Ugh! But like Tory told me when I called him (and he already knew because I told them to call him with any questions on the car), and yes, it is only money, yes, we will be fine, yes, we are still healthy, happy and living our life... So I held up my chin and went back over to the service station, and Rick (that is the gentleman that works with me) showed me what that d*$# little mouse did, and man, it just went down the line... red wires and blue and yellow were showing through all the nice gray tape that was supposed to be hiding them. Rick gave me an estimate on what he thought the total was going to add up to, and while it $$$ for sure, we will get it done and it just a thing in life that will come and go, and the main thing is that we will have a nice safe car to drive again. Rick said it probably happened sometime at the beginning of the winter, or early on, and then the wires just frayed more over time, until now that there is more wet moisture in the air, getting into those exposed wires that finally made the car start acting a little more funny. But the main thing Tory wants is me driving something safe, and like he and Rick said, this can happen anywhere, garage, no garage, winter, spring, summer or fall, mice just get where they are not wanted ever... I told Tory I'm reconsidering the idea of having a kitty around, I miss Autumn, she was the best cat ever! Anyway, so that was most of my day... I got to drive a little Honda Civic home, and Trenten wanted to know why I got a new car? I told him ours was getting fixed and he said good, because he likes the Pilot... I love that kid. So I hope everyone is having a great start to their weekend, because mine is starting off good, because the Pilot is on the mend and I have my family with me and I am a lucky, blessed girl. Hope you are all too! But this girl, mom, wife, and baby-to-be is ready for bed, blessed girl, but man am I tired! Night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment