Weight: 8 lbs. 6 oz.
Height: 21 inches long
Siblings: Ashley Lynn & Trenten James
Another little Topping baby that decided to come fast and furious! =) I started contractions on Thursday morning at 9:00 a.m. I dropped off Trent at daycare at 9:00 and got back to the house and told Tory that I thought I was having contractions, so at 10:00 a.m we called my doctor's office and spoke with the nurse, she said that my midwife would like to check me at the office to make sure everything was proceeding before going to the hospital. I asked if I should just keep my 2:00 p.m. appointment and come in then, they said it was up to me, but if I felt fine, that would be okay. So I said we would keep the 2:00 appointment and if I felt that they were getting stronger, we would come in sooner. So I told Tory that we should get everything done around the house, get packed up, drive in and maybe get some lunch before my appointment. So that was what we did and it worked really well, up until we got into Dubuque and I decided then that I wanted to go right to my appointment instead of lunch, so we got to my doctor's office about 1:30 p.m. and she checked me... needless to say Tory and I were ready for her to say, "get her over to the hospital stat!" and not "Abby, you are only at a 1." For real! So Kathe (my midwife at the office) told me that she could admit me to the hospital, and likely I would be waiting around for things to happen, if they did, because it could still be false labor, or (option 2), I could go and do some things, take a walk with Tory, etc. Needless to say Tory and I opted for option 2 and we left the office and headed off to get some lunch. We went to Panera Bread, and I got some of the more hotter items on the menu for lunch and a frozen strawberry lemonade, yum! And from there we went to the botanical gardens and took a nice walk, by then my contractions were definitely getting more intense, but not terrible yet, so Tory suggested a nice drive (not far from the hospital area), and I said sure... we didn't get far when I had a contraction that made me cry and I said, "Take me to the hospital!" Tory asked if I was sure and I said, "Yes!" So we made a beeline to the hospital, got there around 4:20, went through registration (most of it had already been done ahead of time) and was taken up to my room. I asked if I could get in the whirlpool (that was a good thing with Trent) and they said "yes" but they just needed to check me real quick, so my midwife Deb (she was on call at the hospital, so she delivered) checked me and I was already at a 6 with hard contractions showing up on the monitor. No time for the whirlpool anymore! They had to get the antibiotics into me ASAP, and that took about 20 minutes or so, and they they broke my water and little miss Adelyn Grace was born at 6:02 p.m.! It was a little crazy and intense there for a minute, but oh how worth it she is!
And here are some pics!
Our Little Glow Worm =)
Adelyn has a real high level of billiruben in her blood stream yet, very long story, but the end result is that she has to warm this lighted belt 24 hours a day right now, and it is hooked to a machine next to the couch, so she can only go two feet right now =( But she is on the mend! She went to the hospital today for blood work, and she went from 14.9 yesterday to 14.0 today, and we go back on Wednesday to see if it is down enough that she would be able to finish with the machine... either the belt or the hospital (she does not have to wear the belt when she goes to the hospital for blood work, but that is it)... It's not real fun, but we are dealing, and we know she is getting better, so we'll make it... just can't wait until I can take my little girl up to her room again (she got her first night in it when we got home, but then they discovered the spike the next day when we went back to the hospital for blood work per doctor's instructions). It is a small sacrifice to make for our little sweetheart... Thank goodness for a big couch =)
3 comments:
oh it makes me cry looking at these pictures, I am so happy for you all.
CONGRATS to you all!!! So happy for you guys!!!
Can't wait to meet the little "glow bug" :)
Abby, Can I use this post, or snippets of it, in her scrapbook? Words straight from Mom's voice? I may not end up using it at all, I just want some stuff to document the first year for her. I rarely document my books and I always regret it later..
Thanks :)
Post a Comment