Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Less Than A Week To Go...

Or so we think... we don't know, that's the dilemma =) Ha! My due date is next Monday, and it is Tuesday now, so far will I get... I have our wedding for our cousin that I'm supposed to be in on Saturday, everyone keeps asking me if I'm ready, and I think that is such a funny question, because of course I'm ready, but it isn't up to me whatsoever whether I am or not... I can be as ready for this wedding as the next, doesn't mean I'll get here, because I have no control. I'm really hoping and praying I'll be there with my family, because I want to be, but only time will tell. Then we have our niece's graduation on Sunday, so that would be good to make too.... It's just a busy week and everyone (mainly my cousin and aunt) are on pins and needles on when this baby is going to make an appearance. Tory's birthday is on the 25th, could it be then? A day after? Mom's birthday is Friday, the 21st, then? We know he/she did not come on Mom and Dad's anniversary yesterday, the 17th, Happy Anniversary! Trenten and I had a great time spending the day with mom yesterday, she took the day of school, and Trent and I took her out for lunch, lucky Grandma got to go to McDonald's, can you tell she loves her grandchild more then her culinary appetite right now =) But we seriously had a great time. Other big news:

Mom found her ring and watch! YEAH! We were so excited when we heard that news! Mom hasn't been able to find them for a little while now, set down in the wrong spot, I do it too. You think you are going to remember, and well, that doesn't happen because you didn't put it in the same spot and then you are looking everywhere, but she found them and it is all good now. It was an Anniversary gift to herself the other day.

Other more boring news:

These might be my last two days at work before the baby is born =) Don't know, but I have to make the most of them, because I HAVE A LOT I would like to get wrapped up before maternity leave... My boss just came back from maternity leave last week and she looks great! Hoping I can look that great when I get back, sheesh!

Weird news:

Mom and I were in Wal-Mart yesterday with Trent, not my favorite place, but necessary every once in awhile, and we were looking for shammies for Tory. Mom went down one aisle with Trent and I went down another, and then mom said she found them, so I went to find her, and started looking at the options, and this guy came and stood next to me. I had seen him when we walked in the store, he was about my height and bigger, but you could tell he was mentally handicapped, and I wasn't thinking much of it at the time, and then he goes, "You've got a big belly there." to me and I said "Yes, I do." Still not worried, but then he said, "Can I touch it?" as he moved towards me and extended his arm and hand out, and I kind of jumped back and said, "No" pretty firmly, because he then stopped and turned and ran back down the aisle. I actually felt bad and relieved all at the same time. Bad because I don't think he meant any harm to be whatsoever, and someone must have dropped him off to wander, and that is sad, and relieved because he did not make an issue and left because I didn't want to have to make a scene out of it, but no, no one is allowed to touch my belly/baby besides Tory, Trent, Ash, mom, dad, my mother-in-law, and other loved ones that I know and love and trust, there is something special about your belly at this time... My aunts have touched my belly, and I love it, this guy wasn't on that list, and while I felt bad for him on a life level, not enough where me and my unborn child were concerned... So that was our weird moment of late.

Fun moment:
Shelly, Greg, Kaden and Kambrie came out over the weekend, on Saturday, and we had a great time! We grilled out and the kids played, and Shelly and I ate really, really well =) Shelly is my best friend that is pregnant with twins (she is almost 20 weeks0 and she looks great), but we just had a really nice, relaxing evening with everyone. It was beautiful out and the kids were having a blast. Kaden brought his John Deere gator along and Trent and him had both theirs out and they were having a riot on them! Trent loves his gator these days! Drives it until the battery is gone for the day, and sometimes the day isn't gone yet =) I'll post pictures soon!

But now I have to get ready for work, just actually had some time this morning and thought I better get some of this down before I forgot it all =) Never enough time!

1 comment:

Aaron said...

We are on pins and needles here in STL too! Cant wait til that healthy baby makes an appearance! love yall!