And I'm beat! Okay here goes...
Friday: I had a half day at work, and Mom, Trent, and Ashley came into Dbq. and met me for lunch. We went to Red Robin's (up by Kohl's) and it was pretty good, everyone seemed to enjoy their meal and Trenten thoroughly enjoyed all the lights and sights, he barely ate anything! That really, really, really means he liked it... so then Trent, Ash and I split with mom (she had a couple of appointments to go to) and we ran over to Hy-Vee and got Dad's "Welcome Home" cake and a couple of groceries and some items for Saturday night. I actually had to get some things for the house, hadn't had to get groceries in awhile! That was a strange feeling... So Ash, Trent and I got our things at Hy-Vee and then we headed home. And Trent, the little stinker, took a 20 minute nap on the way home, and then didn't take a nap for me for the rest of the day! He was up from 11 to 7 at night! With only a 20 minute nap! Such a stinker, but he was actually pretty darn good... so Ash and I did some things around the house, and got a few more things from Grandma's, and got ready for Uncle Adam to come and baby-sit... well Uncle Adam ended up being kind of late, but that's okay, things happen. Adam was helping a friend move in Iowa City, realized what time it was and that he was late, jumped in his car, realized he was on E a quarter of the way here, and then realized he didn't have his wallet! Thank goodness he made it back to his house... so Adam got to our house about 9 or so, I gave him some instructions and such, and then he and Ash were off to watch a movie and I went into Dbq. with Jason to get the new Harry Potter book (which I'm thoroughly enjoying the read)... we had a fun time... but the funny thing was when midnight came, I told Jason that Hy-Vee was selling them too at midnight, and while had reserved copies at Borders, we were going to have to wait until about 1:00 to be able to get them with all the people, so we quickly snuck out, ran over to Hy-Vee where there was nobody and got three copies of the book and were on our way home at 12:10, instead of 1:30, it was awesome! Yeah! So I got home literally 2 minutes after Tory did! My husband was home! Safe and sound, after a couple of detours and a missed turn or two, he made it! And that was awesome! That was the best end/start to the day I've ever had (other then having Trent, our wedding, and getting Ash for a daughter).
Saturday: I was tired that morning! The Topping family kind of putzed around... and then we had to get ready for the cookout out at Coon Hunter's that night... we had fun at the cookout! At least I know I did, Tory did, Ashley did (although she had to leave at 9:00 because Trent was tired) and so did Trent (until he got tired), and I hope everyone else did too! Thank you all for coming! Tory was so happy to see everyone and he said he had a great time, and that was due all to you guys. And he got to see Marty and Kris, our friends from CO, which was way cool. I have to say that that place is pretty darn cool place to throw a little party. So that was nice to have, and nice to have over too. I got home around 10:30 or so, Tory a little later, he stayed out with the boys for awhile.
Sunday: What a immensely busy day! This was Alec's benefit... and how awesome it was! It started at 11:30 and the auction didn't get over until 10:00 at night! It was seriously so awesome to see the support and love that this community is based upon... there were people from all over, just willing to help out, and if they couldn't come, they bought a couple of raffle tickets, which helps in every way... it didn't matter how much you gave, or what you donated, it was the fact that you wanted to help, and I hope God blesses you all in beautiful and wonderful ways, because you all deserve it, thank you! And Chad and Carrie and Alec are so lucky... thank you... My friend Dustin built a beautiful shelf for the auction, and it ended up not going until closer to the end of the auction, and still brought a large donation, and I was bidding on it (I really like it!), but so my cousin, so I ended up dropping out so she could get it, I figured I knew where the artist called his home... if I was ever in need of purchasing one... it really was awesome D! Thanks again! And Jason and everyone for buying raffle tickets. Mom and I ended up getting home around midnight pretty much... Mom got one of the best things there... My Grandma Grace's quilt, it was beautiful and the whole family wanted it, and my Dad ended up bidding on it for mom (she had dropped out of the bid earlier) and if you want to know how much my Dad payed for it... all I have to say is that it made my mom cry, my Grandma Grace cry, and Chad cry... all together... it didn't bring as much as the Springing Heifer, but it was pretty close and came in second for top bid. It was amazing, even I was tearing up watching my Grandma cry and Dad continue to nod his head at the auctioneer even as the bid went up and up... he knew how much it meant to my mom, and what that day meant to all of us... and I know he thinks of Trent when he sees Alec and wants Dan and Judy (Alec's Grandpa and Grandma) to have their grandchild lively and energetic again, as much as they want it, and as much as Chad and Carrie do... Chad and Carrie are such wonderful, positive and strong parents... I'm learning a lot from them, as I continue to do from my own parents... Dad's generosity that day (and my mom's) was amazing! I'm so proud of them! Love you Mom and Dad!
Monday: So needless to say I was very happy that I took Monday off from work... Tory and I took a nap with Trent that morning... did stuff around the house... went to the Harry Potter movie in the afternoon... and ate sweet corn with Mom and Dad that evening... very nice day, but I was not ready to get up this morning! Ugh!
So now it is Tuesday night already, and so much yet to do... but I'm getting a little tired, so I better finish up and hit the hay, long day tomorrow too... Anyway, I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Thanks! Cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so happy that the auction went well! I hope Alec can get to Maryland soon! Again I am sorry we didn't make it up.
Post a Comment