Where did the weekend go? I'm not really sure, but it sure went by really, really fast... Friday was here and gone before I knew it. Trenten got to spend the morning with Grandma Donna, and the afternoon with Amy and Lilly! Boy did he have fun! Amy and Lilly were our saviors... Grandma had to work in the afternoon, and we weren't having real good luck finding a backup baby-sitter for Trent, but they came through for us! I picked him up around 4:00, and he was getting up from his nap, cute little guy! And then we went down to Anam Cara, we saw Grandma, Jason stopped into see us, and Trenten had his first taste of a smoothie! Wow did he like it! =) He got a hold of Jason's straw, and we all thought he was going to pull it out of the cup and play with it, but instead he stuck it in his mouth and starting slurping away! It was so cute! He really liked that smoothie! Grandma's in trouble now! Two grandkids that like smoothies! Green Apple and... hmmm... Trenten doesn't seem to be too picky at the moment, and we like it that way. So then Trenten and I went and got a little something for him to eat because we met Bridget, Paul, Jaron, Sara (yeah!), Jeff, Jason, and Jackie at Happy Joe's @ 6:30 (okay, Jackie pretty much got there at 7:40 or so, Jason was the person with the closest guess!), but we had a good time, ate some really good taco pizza and breadsticks (Trent really liked the breadsticks), and Jaron and Trent got to meet for the first time. Jaron is pretty darn cute. So then Grandma came and got Trent (about 8:00 or so, he was getting pretty tired), and Sara and I ran out and fed the dogs and got to talk for a little while, which was very nice, and then we met up with everyone at Bridget's parents house... I stayed out until about 10:30 and then left to go to bed... it was getting pretty cool out! I'm loving this type of July weather! But everybody looked like they were getting a little chill, and Bridget, Paul, and Jaron were leaving in the morning (obviously Jaron was in bed before this!). So it was time for everyone to call it a night.
Saturday morning, Mom and I went to the sidewalk sales in town, that was a lot of fun... Mom got the cutest rocking horse for Alec's Benefit on Sunday... way cute! But we had a good time going through the shops and seeing the sales, we both got a couple of things, but did not go crazy or anything. Because there was definitely more we could have spent on, but you have set a limit and we have enough big things going on... but it was nice to get a few things on sale. The shops looked busy, so that was good. Trent was Grandma and Grandpa's taking a nap (with his Uncle Adam who was also taking a nap... two peas in a pod right there), because he had been up about 6:15, and was already tired at 8:00. But Mom and I went to this new shop just opening in Cascade, and it is called the Rustic Pumpkin... and it had some cute stuff, but the couple of things I was interested in, she (the store owner) said were for "display only," which has given me a bad first impression... I mean, if it isn't for sale, why have it up in your store, take it home! Don't give a customer the idea that they may be able to purchase it... she had a lot of stuff like that... so needless to say I wasn't all that excited with the place after we had left... oh well. I still like all the other's in town, especially Cranberry Hollow and Anam Cara, two of my favorites! So then we went out my Mom's, and Trent was just getting up, and we got Spud up because he had to get dressed for Randy and Tina's wedding, he was an usher. He looked good in his suit, but the colors were definitely not my favorite, but Spud looks good in just about anything... so I dropped him off at the church, and then Trent and I came home (but swung by Lis and Jer's quick to see Lis in her dress and the boys in their suits, they all looked so nice! I bet they all took an adorable picture together, you'll have to show me Lis!). Trent took a short nap at home, and then we were off to Sarah and Brad's because they (and Natalie and Katelyn) were babysitting Trent Saturday afternoon/evening because I was running to CR to see and have dinner with my friend Lisa! I had a lot of fun and she dropped the biggest news on me! I'm so excited for her because she is moving to North Carolina (to be closer to her boyfriend Scott, who is in Iraq right now, so everyone think good thoughts for him and Le), and she got a job with Duke University! She is going to be an Assistant Director for Duke's Athletic Department! How cool is that! I am so impressed and so proud of her! I can't believe it... Actually I can... I always knew she was on to big and impressive things... I'm going to have send her out with a little cash though, so she can send me back a cool Duke piece of clothing... I have to be supportive, right Le! Go Iowa! Go Hawks! Go Duke! Go Blue Devils! I am so excited for her! Career wise and relationship wise... she looks and seems so happy... and I know it will be even better when Scott is safely home on US soil... all my good thoughts go out to him Le and I'm keeping him in my prayers... But Le and I had a nice dinner, awesome conversation, and a wonderful time, and while I write this I'm realizing how much I'm going to miss her! I think (actually I know) I took it for granted that she lived only about 45 minutes away in CR, but like I told her, everyone gets caught up in their own little worlds, and it is hard to break out of those molds, unless you really force yourself... which we all need to now and again... and I know we will definitely be visiting her out in NC... that will be fun, I know Tory will be up for that! And Lisa had already said she is definitely up for visitors! =) But good luck Le! You are going to do awesome!
So that was my Saturday night, and Trenten had a good time at Brad and Sarah's, and I know the girls had fun watching him! So now it is Sunday, and I need to get a ton of stuff done, but I thought I better update you all on what is going on... and get out of my work for a little bit, but I better keep moving, because Trent will be up from his nap in no time.... and he will be sitting up waiting for me in his bed! Yes! The little dickens is sitting up in bed now, I haven't seen how he gets himself in a sitting position from laying down yet, but the last two days when I've gone into to get him from his room, there he is, sitting up smiling at Mommy! Almost like he is saying, "Look at me Mommy, I've been 'sitting' here waiting for you!" He's such a cutie pie! Okay, talk to you all later! Cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
HI Abby:)
Sounds like you had a good weekend ;)
I hope there is a picture to show you... if we wouldn't of gotten the photographer ourselves... well there wouldn't of been one... our camera broke so we didn't get a picture of the boys or the 5 of us that day at all....all that work for nuthin!
I met Gangler's (Adam's) gfriend! She is SWEET!!!!!
Post a Comment