Thursday, October 18, 2007

XC Districts - Go Kayla!

Hard to believe they are here already, but they are. My niece runs XC districts tonight, and I'll be there cheering her on and probably getting soaked at the same time! Goodness we are getting some crazy rain right now! We need it to stop raining for a little while! We need to be able to get in the fields (well the farmers need to be able to, but it needs to be dryer to do that) and Tory and I need to get some wood cut for this winter because it is coming fast! Ugh! But we can only do what we can do, and and right now Mother Nature is telling us that won't be wood cutting at the moment... so I'm going to hit Kayla's XC meet and I know she is going to do great! Lets see... what else. I'm trying to get some things accomplished around the house right now, but it doesn't seem to be working out too well for me =) I would love a day off to do what I want around here! There just isn't enough time in the evening to hit everything I want to... but that's what I need to figure out.

Dustin came out last night to look at our kitchen table... very nice of him. I've been wanting the thing fixed from the time my parents gave it to us as a gift for our engagement (over three years ago!), but Tory has never been too gung-ho on tackling this particular job, which I understand because it is an antique and he just doesn't want to slap something together. Dustin took a look at it, and he said he can brace the legs no problem, so yeah! And now that I know it is going to be fixed, and I am really in no hurry, which I told D that... I can totally wait now, because I know it will get done... before (three years before) I was nutty about it because I knew NOTHING was getting done... does that make sense? This weekend? No big plans as of yet. My father-in-law has an Anniversary coming up! Happy Anniversary Tom! Other then that... still trying to figure it out... I'll have to check our calendar. Hope you are all are safe and warm this morning! Later gators! Thanks for coming out D! You made my night! And thanks for being a great distraction for Rusty (our four legged guest for the week), that helped a ton! Cheers!

No comments: