Oh my goodness, where have we been the last two weeks! Sorry! It's been a whirlwind of fun, family, food and not enough time at the end of the day it seems... or I just haven't been delegating my time well enough... but let me take you through the highlights.
We had a great Christams at Tory's Mom & Alan's, as you can see from pictures already shown. We also had a wonderful time at Tory's Grandma and Grandpa Pierce's on Christmas Eve. The Topping side is always too much fun. Trent was up until the wee hours of the night, bedtime came at 11:30 p.m., but I wasn't expecting too much different, we stay late with the Topping crew, and Trent was still going when we left the party, but was asleep when we got home, thank goodness. Santa did find Trenten James, he was such a good boy that he got TWO figre engines! Boy was he excited on Christmas morning!
Mom and Dad's was a lot of fun on Christmas night, I always love ending with my family because it is smaller and quieter then all the rest of the Christmas' and it just feels so cozy. Mom makes the BEST french onion soup and we always have plenty of food even though it is a much smaller scale then everyone elses. Grandma Gotto's Christmas definitely takes the cake for food =) and boy is it good. So we had a really good time at Mom and Dad's this year with Trenten and Adam and Joelle. No Ash this year, she got her present early, Ugg boots, lucky girl, she had to wait a little bit to wear them though as Grandma and Grandpa got her a different size and then we had to treat them, but she is making up for lost time now. Trenten was also a very happy boy as he got his own John Deere pedal tractor! All he could say was "oh my" that entire time, it was SO cute. I think Mom and Dad liked their presents =) and Tory and I are so thankful and appreciate for ours, you are too sweet Mom and Dad, we feel very loved and blessed. I will post pictures soon! Trenten also got a chopper that he absolutely loves from Mama and Papa. Hard to believe it is already all over, it went by in such a blur, it is my favorite time of year, just the family togetherness that we get, wouldn't trade it for the world. I love being around my parents, my brother, my in-laws, all my other sisters and brothers, as well as cousins and grandparents... so many loving people, how it could it not be one of the greatest times of the year. But the wonderful thing is that Tory and I enjoy all your company all year long, we love you all so much!
So Christmas went by in a blur, and I need to get some cute pics up, and then came by brithday, and oh yeah, New Year's, and I had a wonderful birthday turning 29, but can you believe it, I didn't take a single picture of myself on my birthday, not even with my kids! I could just kick myself, but what do you do... we had a great time with the Crowley's up at their house, and Trenten even got to help ring in the New Year! He was the only kid left standing, stinker, so after midnight it was time for the Toppings to head home, otherwise I think he would have been up for another hour at least! I also got to see my favorite Aunt Linda, Uncle Gregg and Cody on my birthday, with the sadness of having to attend Bill's funeral, but I loved seeing you Linda, Gregg and Cody! So glad you got a chance to come out to our place and see the facility and where we call home... Hopefully we get to see you again soon under happier circumstances, like a new baby girl! Can't wait!
Since then, we have been trying to put some normalcy back into our days and weeks, and trying to get back into the swing of things and start 2010 out right. We did have a rough day yesterday, as it was the first anniversary of Tory's Dad's (Tom) passing, can't believe it has already been a year... time does fly... We miss you Thomas, more then you will ever know.
To end on a happy note though, we get to see the baby on Friday! Yeah! We are excited and nervous all at the same time, but I know this baby is doing beautifully inside of me and is growing happy and healthy until he or she is ready to enter this world and be a part of such a beautiful and wonderful family. We haven't decided whether or not we are going to find out if it is a boy or a girl yet, so don't even ask... we will let you know, but we are starting to talk baby names, so if you have any you would like to throw into the hat, please let us know! Thanks and Happy New Year! Love!
No comments:
Post a Comment