Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Wonderful Time

We are back from Saint Louis =) It was a great trip and the weekend went way too fast! Hope everyone is having a good start to the week… I know we got some rain while we were gone, but I’m still hoping for some more by the end of the week… hopefully our grass continues to come in… Anyway, our trip went really, really well. I prepared for the worst from Trenten and received the best! He was so, so, so good! I still can hardly believe it! I don’t think he cried once… I mean he had some tired cries, but no big tears or fits… nothing that hurt the ears or lasted more then a few minutes. He was such a good boy, and I got a ton of compliments on him, Ashley and Jet while I was down at Aunt Linda’s, yup! Even Jet!

So here was our trip’s itinerary:

Friday: We left at 5:30 and got to St. Louis at 11:30 and only stopped once for about a half an hour! Otherwise we drove straight through, and Trent slept from about 6:45 to 7:15 (Dad woke him up with a cell phone call) and then he slept from 10:00 to 11:30… otherwise he was up and playing in his car seat and laughed at Ashley. He thought Ashley was so funny! And she was so good to him! So we got down there, and spent the afternoon at Linda and Gregg’s. Trent took a nap from 1:30 to 3:30 and we left for the wedding at 4:00. We made it to church around 5:15 or so (and the church was pretty much directly underneath the Arch! Very cool!)… And we got to see everyone before the wedding! Everyone looked so nice (in the wedding party and out – mom looked awesome in her lime green dress! She fit right in with the wedding party and their bright green dresses. Aaron’s colors were green and blue and they were so pretty! I’m hoping Aaron will send pictures of the wedding, or maybe they will be online, because her dress was beautiful! Everything looked very, very nice. Ashley and Trenten were so cute!) Beau and Aaron asked me to be reader for the wedding, and I read the first reading and I hope I did a good job for them; I was very honored to be a part of their day. So after the wedding (Trenten was very good throughout the entire mass, but was making all the little kids in front of him laugh, which made him laugh too!), we went to the reception, which was only up a few blocks from the Arch, and the reception was beautiful too, and the food was delicious. So we got to hang out with everyone, but Trent was really pushing to stay awake, he was fighting it the whole way and it was already past 9:30 at this point. So Mom, Dad, and I decided it was best to call it a night around 10:00 because Tory was heading to Linda and Gregg’s and we still had to drive back to the house and that would take 45 minutes or so… needless to say Ashley wasn’t really excited to hear we were leaving and in the end my Uncle Gregg (bless his heart) said he would bring her home with him when he left, which ended up being the very end. So Ashley got to hang out with Taylor all night, Trent finally got into his crib (Aunt Linda’s for Hunter) around 11:00 and I got to see Tory at midnight! Yeah! And Ashley finally got in around 1:00 or so. So everyone was safe and sound at that point, and I could rest easy.

Saturday: We all slept in! For the most part, Trent was up at 6:30, but went back to bed from 9:00 to almost 12:00! Yeah, he was tired from the night before. So we all kind of chilled out at Linda and Gregg’s. Tory and Ashley took Jet for a walk around 11:00 to 1:00 and then we all hung out that afternoon (which it got kind of sticky down there), but we had fun, and Trent took another big nap from 2:00 to 4:30, which was good. Linda and Gregg had a party on Saturday night and it started around 5:00 and all the Reinberg’s (or most of them) came out, as well as some of Aaron’s family, and we (and Trevor and his girlfriend) represented from the Loes family, but it was a great evening! Great people, great food, great conversation. Trent went down around 7:30 and I think the party finally ended around 10:30/11:00… and it felt a lot later then that when we got to bed.

Sunday: Sunday morning came way to fast. We were up and on the road around 7:30 and we got home around 1:30, so not too bad… I didn’t feel the hottest coming home, but needless to say, Trent and Ashley were both awesome passengers the whole way down and the whole way back. I couldn’t have asked for a better baby or a better teenager. I’m very lucky, and my mom and dad were great! So we got home safe and sound!

It was a great trip and went by way too fast! But it almost felt like a dream, it went so fast… so now it is back to the everyday grindstone, and I have so much to do. Hope everyone is having a great summer so far! Can you believe the 4th of July is just around the corner! Crazy!

P.S. I think Trenten will be crawling pretty quick here, he really, really, really wants to move now, and once he gets a small taste of it, oh boy! I will be getting a work out then! He’s growing way too fast! He will be 8 months in a couple of days! Can you believe it!

No comments: