Yes! My little man had his first dentist appointment and cleaning today and he did fabulous! He was such a good little man for the dental hygienist, and I was really proud. Needless to say the fact that they played Thomas the Train while he had his cleaning, but he would have been good no matter what. So he got his teeth cleaned and counted and the whole sha-bang. Everything looks really good, except for a teeny bit of tartar on his front bottom, we have to be on top of getting in there, otherwise doing a good job =) So that was a great report.
The not so fun part of the day was the cramps and back pain that I was experiencing. It started this morning around 7:00 and just kept getting worse all day long, I was starting to really wonder if I was starting contractions, which I don't want to do... I still need another 8 weeks thank you. So on the way back from the dentist, I called my chiropractor and my midwife... My midwife told me to lay down for an hour, on my side, drink lots of water, pillow under my head, belly and between my legs and RELAX, if things didn't get better, I was supposed to call her back, but no unusual discharge, so that was good. So I did that for an hour, Tory babied me, and so did Trent =) He kept bringing me water to drink. So I got up after my hour and felt SO MUCH BETTER, no pain, and then I went to our chiropractor in town and got adjusted and felt good from that too, and he seconded (or thirded) me slowing down now and not doing all the things I did 32 weeks ago and taking small breaks during the day... and that is what Tory has been trying to tell me for the last how many weeks too =) I guess I'm going to have to start listening to everyone, I'm 32 weeks and I want to get to 40, I want a full-term healthy beautiful baby and that is what I'm working towards... starting with the realization that I'm 25 pounds heavier now and can't get and do everything as quickly or as easily as I could before, but I'll get back to that AFTER a good pregnancy and birth, just try to enjoy the taking it slower for now... So in that honor, I will be going to bed a little earlier tonight and putting my feet up sooner. Hope everyone had a great weekend! I have Easter Bunny pics to post from Saturday, I'll get those as soon as I can. Night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oh my gosh I just got chills reading this post. that sounded like the start of labor, so TAKE IT EASY! Seriously it brings tears to my eyes thinking of how I didnt believe that rest was working and then had a baby so soon after I got off bedrest... be good to yourself!
Post a Comment