Friday, August 17, 2007

Happy Day!

Oh my goodness! I cannot believe it! Seriously! I had given up pretty much... but I found them! Okay, it would probably help if I explained myself instead of going off like a crazy-lady (but not too crazy, because I'm definitely more happy then nutty!)... Almost three years ago, on a very beautiful day, under a gorgeous October sky, Tory and I because husband and wife. =) It was one of the best days of my life, next to having Trent, and becoming Ashley's parent. So not that glorious day in my life, I got to wear a stunning gown and exquisite jewelry (costume, but it still cost an arm and a leg)... and we had a great time! We danced! We laughed! We kissed! We hugged! We enjoyed the company of all our loved ones and special people in our lives... it was the perfect day in so many ways... and then we woke up the next morning, and it was wonderful too (and of course every day afterwards has been bliss =) but it was about the second or third day into married life that I realized that I could not find my "exquisite jewelry!" Of course I had my wedding ring, but I could not find my wedding necklace and earrings! No where to be found! I knew that I had had them at the hotel that evening, and had put them away for safe keeping, or at least I had thought I did... so I called the hotel to see if I had left them on the sink counter... no... I looked throughout the house, in luggage, and bags, and any compartment I could remember taking to the hotel... no... I looked in my jewelry case and my little keepsake boxes and such from the wedding... no... and I was a little mad... because the great place I had thought to keep this necklace and earnings was not so great after all! But all that changed this morning! Almost three years later, I opened the TINY side compartment to my yellow Cablea's bag and what to my astonishing eyes appeared! But a beautiful, glittering necklace and two tiny earnings! THEY WERE IN THE SIDE COMPARTMENT OF MY CABLEA'S BAG! My wonderful place to keep my keepsakes was in the side of my Cabela's bag! Seriously! Ya know, I've come to realize that great ideas or sometimes not so great after you do it... I think this was one of those ideas... thought at the time that this tiny compartment (can't even remember taking this bag) would be ideal to carry my treasures, but then I didn't remember it when I got home... and I've used this bag for everything. Going kayaking on the river! Camping! Traveling! I'm pretty sure it went to MO! I can't believe they are still in there, and that I've never opened the side compartment until today! Wow! So it has been a wonderful surprise, but I have to keep moving! Hope everyone has a happy moment like this today, or sometime soon! Have a great weekend! Cheers!

No comments: